Saturday, February 23, 2008

February 25

Leviticus 12:1-8, 14:1-32, 15:13-15, 15:28-30; Numbers 19:11-22, 19:1-10

Ok, things get gross here -- post-childbirth, acne and worse, male and female discharges, touching dead bodies.  This God will talk about anything!  No subject is off limits.  So what are the things we're too embarrassed to admit to anyone?  God knows.  And it isn't anything He hasn't seen before.  We can be clean again.  

Interesting, too, that ashes were used in the cleansing water.  Water and ashes.  Poetic.  We think of ashes making us dirty.  But God sees things differently.  We arise from the ashes clean.

2 comments:

Lee said...

Nelson

I really like what you said. I will try to find time to go back and read everything before this post but I will at least keep up from here on out. I really think we see so many things through the lens that we want to see them. Sometimes I wonder how God works through us considering we already know what we are looking for before we even go to him. Nice pickup on the ashes. I wonder if I have missed that before on accident of if I just didn't want to see it that way.

Cross-Eyed Blogger said...

Lee,

Thanks for the comment. You're the first. But given the number on my visitor counter...I think we have some lurkers.