Wednesday, October 15, 2008

October 16

Writings of the Apocrypha

Ok, so when I did a search on Google Images for the word Apocrypha, this is one of the images that popped up.  So I'm going with it.  Seems really apocryphal as far as a Google Image search goes.

I know that discussions on how and why some books ended up in the Bible while other books didn't and are all of the right ones there -- well, it can make some people really, really nervous.  I just figure God made sure we got what we need.  After all, we only use 10 percent of our brain and I imagine we're only able to live true to about an equal amount of scripture.  As a rule, we're not good at using what we've been given.  Thanks be to God and His Beloved Son for grace.  I also think that as far as all the flavors of Christians goes -- we're all a million miles from the truth arguing over who is two inches closer.  Again, thanks be to God and His Beloved Son for grace.

So these books didn't make the cut.  Any others we'd care to vote off the Biblical Island?  Say, Song of Solomon?  Ahhh, but you say, it's a beautiful metaphor for Christ's love of His church.  Yeah, right.

No comments: