Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7

Letter of the Romans continued -- Righteousness of God -- Romans 3:21-31, 4:1-25, 5:1-21, 6:1-23; Freedom from the Law -- 7:1-25; Freedom from Death -- 8:1-39

I googled "God's love" and I got 3.4 million sites.  I googled "Obama love" and the search came back with 137 million sites.  Any questions?

I think of the sacrifice of Christ and it strikes me that we don't know the immense power of His sacrifice.  But Paul tries to put into perspective for us.  I fear we try to limit its limits and effect.  It continues to amaze me and gives me hope for the breadth of those His salvation will reach.

"For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many."  [Romans 5:15]

I pray always Heaven through wide your pearly gates.  

I am confident that God's love is sufficient, that it will cover far more than we give it credit.

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." [Romans 8:38-39]

No comments: